Sunday, September 4, 2011

Twas the Night Before School Began

Tomorrow we start our 4th year of homeschooling.

Did I just say that?

I still have a hard time believing that we are a homeschooling family.... better yet, that I am a homeschooling mama. After 4 years you would have thought that would have sunk in by now.

Tomorrow Zachary starts 3rd grade. We finally get to do My Father's World - Exploring Countries and Cultures (ECC). This is a year I have been looking forward to since we started kindergarten with My Father's World. This year we will be taking "...a trip around the world and exploring diverse cultures while learning geography and being challenged by true stories of missionaries." (from the MFW teacher's manual)

On Thursday Emma will start MFW - 1st grade. "...a complete first grade curriculum with a phonics-based reading program. Focusing on Genesis to Revelation, key Bible stories are used to develop reading and writing skills." (again from the MFW teachers manual)

Emma will be joining Zachary for quite a bit of ECC, which I think will work quite well. I hope to blog more about our school days this year.

Tonight I start by praying. Praying for me. Praying for the patience it takes to teach two children in two different grades, all while a toddler is wanting my attention. Praying for wisdom to teach what should be taught and let go of the things that will not matter in the long run. Praying for grace to be a teacher, a mom, and a wife to my husband.

I look forward to praying over each of my little students tonight while they are sleeping snugly in their beds. Praying that they have patience with me and the interruptions that happen throughout the day. Praying that they put forth their best effort. Praying that they take to heart the information that the Lord has set in this curriculum for us.

Tonight I ask that you pray with me. Because we can use all the prayer we can get ;-).

No comments: