Wednesday, August 11, 2010

School Days

We have been schooling through summer with Zachary taking a couple weeks off here and there. He started 1st grade in January and it looks like he will complete it early September.

Emma started kindergarten last week. She has been so excited to start, I couldn't hold her off another week. Our K curriculum starts off gently by teaching creation the first 10 days. It's perfect because I feel like I have training wheels on while I learn to teach two grades at once.

I had hoped to go to the CHEA conference again this year, mostly for encouragement as a mother and teacher. But the conference fell on Zachary's birthday weekend and we made other plans. Although I missed the conference I have been listening to many podcasts and reading a book called Pocket Full of Pinecones by Karen Andreola and this has been refueling my batteries for the upcoming year. We are excited to continue our journey of homeschooling this year, and so thankful that the Lord has led us to this path.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.1

No comments: